We know that coaches are the backbone of sport and without them, clubs and activities for young people and those not so young, would come to an end. Coaches allow individuals to be introduced to sport and learn the basics so they can enjoy the social and recreational side of sport…or for athletes to train to achieve their very best sporting performances.
Because of this, Coaching Highland and our website are designed to support these coaches and some of the benefits available through these pages are:
- coach education courses (National Governing Body and Sports Coach UK courses running in the Highlands as well as any conferences or seminars we are aware of)
- downloads (strategies, forms to maintain quality coaching, coach mentoring guide and child protection policy template for your club)
- events calendar (view events taking place on our interactive online calendar or post your own sporting or coach education events here)
- discussion forums (ask other coaches from any sport for help or ideas or even find a coach to deliver sessions for you – this forum is for any chat related to coaching)
- news (latest news on Coaching Highland or updates on the UK Coaching Certificate and how it affects you plus any other relevant news)
- links (other coaching sites and sport sites which may be of help to you)
- coaching resource centres (location and content of the 4 coaching resource centres in the Highlands)
- funding for coach education and clubs (forms and details for coach scholarships and coach education grants available through Coaching Highland plus a list of general sporting grant aid sources)
- structure of sport in the Highlands informing you who does what and how to get in touch with them
- information about reduced cost public liability insurance for your sports club - a scheme set up in partnership with the Highland Council
Most of our website is only available to registered members and we are delighted that registration is free – our intention is to grow an online community of sports coaches in the Highlands allowing you to communicate with other coaches and to be kept informed of news, courses and resources available to you. Registration is a simple process of completing an online form and there is no charge to become a member.
If you have any ideas or suggestions to develop the site, we would love to hear from you!
SUBMIT A SUGGESTION